Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York (GSNENY) believes in the power of every G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ to change the world.
Established in June 2007 from the union of four Girl Scout councils (Hudson Valley, Mohawk Pathways, Adirondack, and North Country), we represent almost 10,000 girls of courage, confidence, and character across 15 counties in New York state. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization offering every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
At GSNENY, we are committed to:
- Serving 10,000 girls+ and their families
- Serving 5,000+ adults and volunteers
- Serving more girls within the region and reducing/eliminating any waiting lists of girls who have signed up to be involved with Girl Scouting
- Increasing our capacity to meet the rapidly changing needs of today’s girls to achieve the goals of program delivery, volunteer management
- Increasing programs at the council level around advocacy, culture, environment, healthy living, the outdoors and STEM
- Reaching out to girls in rural areas and decreasing the barrier of distance for girls to participate in Girl Scout activities and educational programming
- Increasing Girl Scout programming in urban areas and continuing to form partnerships with local community organizations that provide opportunities for under-served families
- Continuing to set the example of leadership and self-determination that are an inherent part of the Girl Scout program