We Are Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts bring their dreams to life and work together to build a better world. Through programs from coast to coast, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges—whether they want to climb to the top of a tree or the top of their class, lace up their boots for a hike or advocate for climate justice, or make their first best friends. Backed by trusted adult volunteers, mentors, and millions of alums, Girl Scouts lead the way as they find their voices and make changes that affect the issues most important to them.
Established in June 2007 from the union of four Girl Scout councils (Hudson Valley, Mohawk Pathways, Adirondack, and North Country), we represent almost 10,000 girls of courage, confidence, and character across 15 counties in New York state. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization offering every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
At GSNENY, we are committed to:
- Serving 10,000 girls+ and their families
- Serving 5,000+ adults and volunteers
- Serving more girls within the region and reducing/eliminating any waiting lists of girls who have signed up to be involved with Girl Scouting
- Increasing our capacity to meet the rapidly changing needs of today’s girls to achieve the goals of program delivery, volunteer management
- Increasing programs at the council level around advocacy, culture, environment, healthy living, the outdoors and STEM
- Reaching out to girls in rural areas and decreasing the barrier of distance for girls to participate in Girl Scout activities and educational programming
- Increasing Girl Scout programming in urban areas and continuing to form partnerships with local community organizations that provide opportunities for under-served families
- Continuing to set the example of leadership and self-determination that are an inherent part of the Girl Scout program